Over the last couple of months, we’ve been busy! Primarily, of course, our mission at Maryland Addiction Recovery Center is to offer life-saving addiction and co-occurring treatment to those individuals and families in need. We do that through several programs: Our long-term extended care community living treatment, or outpatient PHP and Intensive Outpatient (IOP) day and evening treatment programs for our local community here in Maryland and Washington, D.C.
However, alongside offering treatment, we believe our mission also includes educating people and our community about addiction, treatment, and recovery, in order to change the paradigm and make sure that addiction is seen as a chronic health issue and treatment is appropriately implemented to ensure a successful, sustainable recovery. We also believe in building relationships within the addiction treatment space and the clinical community nationwide, so ethical, high-quality providers on all levels of care work together more closely in order to better establish standards for patient care and recovery outcomes. Additionally, we believe in promoting collaboration throughout the addiction treatment field and the national, regional, and local clinical community. Finally, we also believe in working to support our local community and aid in filling the needs of those individuals, parents, and families suffering from addiction and mental health issues.
Over the last couple of months, our staff has been very busy with those tasks. Here are some of the things that we’ve been up to at Maryland Addiction Recovery Center
- In March, we co-hosted “The Truth About Marijuana” event in Chevy Chase, Maryland alongside Caron Treatment Centers, Ashley Addiction Treatment, and Kolmac Outpatient Recovery Centers, for over 250 local community members, that featured keynote speaker Ben Cort, and a panel of experts (including Dr. Robert DuPont) that was moderated by MARC Executive Director Sam Bierman
- In April, we co-hosted an important LGTBQ-informed training from Beck Gee-Cohen for local clinical professionals in Silver Spring, Maryland, alongside Ashley Addiction Treatment, Caron Treatment Centers, Encore Recovery Solutions, Tranquility Woods, Serenity Acres, Sandstone Care, and Newport Academy. In addition, Beck spent time at the MARC offices to do a “deep dive” with our clinical and medical teams regarding best practices to stay LGTBQ affirming
- Also, in April we co-sponsored and attended the Tuerk Conference, hosted by NCADD-Maryland. At the Tuerk Conference, MARC co-founders Sam Bierman and Zach Snitzer were honored to present Tammy Lofink of Rising Above Addiction with a community service award.
- On May 5th-May 7th, we attended the National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) annual National Addiction Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
- During NAATP, we co-hosted a dinner with colleagues from Cirque Lodge in Utah that brought together several local clinicians from Maryland, Washington, D.C., and Virginia to discuss collaboration and best practices.
- MARC Executive Director Sam Bierman spent time on the campus of Ashley Addiction Treatment with Ashley CEO Becky Flood, talking about collaboration, best practices, and strategizing as members of the NAATP membership board.
- MARC Director of Business Development Zach Snitzer spent time on the campus of Caron Treatment Centers, with Caron CEO Doug Tieman and Encore Recovery CEO Tom Walker, working together to further the mission of Encore Recovery Solutions in Arlington, Virginia, under the new joint management agreement of Encore between us and Caron.
- We spent time with and toured regional friends and colleagues, including leadership and representation from Mountainside Treatment Center in Connecticut, The Blanchard Institute in North Carolina, Freedom Institute, New York Center for Living, and Ascendant Detox in New York City, BRC Recovery in Texas, Harmony Foundation in Colorado, and Ocean Recovery in California.
- Our new Collegiate Recovery Specialist Sarah MacDonald spent time with the leadership at the Health Center on the campus of University of Maryland, College Park, discussing our new Caron College Success™ program at Maryland Addiction Recovery Center and how MARC can aid in supporting College Park’s collegiate recovery community “Terps for Recovery.”
Admissions Director Molly Ashcroft in Connecticut
- We welcomed back our Community Relations Specialist Mallorie Schwartzman from maternity leave, and Mallorie co-hosted Maryland Healing Network events in Annapolis, Columbia, and Towson, Maryland to support local clinical professionals in that area.
- MARC primary therapist Arielle Seidler traveled to Boca Raton, Florida to spend time at Caron Renaissance to learn more about their family programming. Arielle also completed an intensive three-year Gestalt Therapy course of study!
Arielle at Caron Renaissance
- Our Corporate Director of Admissions and Development Molly Ashcroft traveled to Connecticut to present at the Spring meeting of the Connecticut PLA on the topic of “Competency and Mentorship in Behavioral Health Business Development.”
- Our Director of HR and Compliance Dustielynn White and a group of MARC staff were presented with an award from the Baltimore Business Journal as a Best Places to Work company.
We look forward to keeping you informed of more happenings here at Maryland Addiction Recovery Center in the near future!
If you or someone you know needs help for addiction or co-occurring disorder issues, please give us a call. Maryland Addiction Recovery Center offers the most comprehensive dual diagnosis addiction treatment in the Mid-Atlantic area. If we aren’t the best fit for you or your loved one, we will take the necessary time to work with you to find a treatment center or provider that better fits your needs. Please give us a call at (410) 773-0500 or email our team at email@example.com. For more information on all of our drug addiction, alcohol addiction and co-occurring disorder services and recovery resources, please visit our web site at www.marylandaddictionrecovery.com.