Since it’s opening on the first of this year, Maryland Addiction Recovery Center has garnered some attention in the press due to the high quality, comprehensive addiction treatment it has brought to Baltimore, Maryland and the surrounding counties. One of the most important things upon the creation of MARC was for the organization to reach out and make a presence in the local community, to reach out to other addiction treatment providers, government officials, the courts and the legal system, business and community leaders, religious organizations and of course the recovery community. There were several reasons for forming these bonds and opening dialogue about addiction, addiction treatment and recovery.
- Create a presence in the community to further the communication about addiction, treatment and recovery
- Find better ways to work together in offering treatment for addiction to better recovery outcomes for clients
- Offer a better understanding of addiction treatment resources, not just locally but also regionally and nationally
- Pull away the veil and aid in ending the stigma about addiction
- Further the understanding that addiction is an illness that affects not just the addict/alcoholic, but addiction affects their family, their friends and the community as a whole
- Develop a true recovery community, that not just encompasses those people in recovery but also the actual community
In doing so, Maryland Addiction Recovery Center are happy that our early vision is being so well accepted and that some of our message can get out to the public by means of the media. We were proud to have many community, religious and business leaders join us for our Open House last month where White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) Deputy Director David Mineta made some remarks. We have been happy to speak at many local schools and religious organizations. We have been proud to discuss furthering local addiction treatment with local government officials, business leaders and nonprofit organizations. We are excited about our partnerships with the new Maryland chapter of the national organization Young People in Recovery. So the following links provide some of the television and print news coverage that MARC has received recently:
If you or someone you know is suffering from a drug and alcohol addiction and needs treatment please call us for help. Maryland Addiction Recovery Center offers the most comprehensive addiction treatment in the area. If we aren’t the best fit, we will work with you to find a treatment center that fits your needs. Please call us at (410) 773-0500 or email email@example.com. For more information on all of our alcohol and addiction treatment services and resources, please visit the web site at www.www.marylandaddictionrecovery.com.