This week, on Wednesday, April 19th, the 2017 edition of the Tuerk Conference on Mental Health and Addiction Treatment will be held in Baltimore. The Tuerk Conference is an annual event held by the National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency of Maryland (NCADD-Maryland) that brings together state and regional providers of mental health and addiction treatment services.
Featured at this year’s conference will be Maryland Addiction Recovery Center Executive Director Sam Bierman and Clinical Director Cheryl Caplan-Zalis. Sam and Cheryl will be making two presentations on the topic of “Reconstructing Family Dynamics in Addiction Treatment.”
It is a well-known fact that addiction is a family disease and that an individual’s addiction impacts the entire family unit. Therefore, it is vital that addiction treatment providers engage and treat the family unit during a loved one’s treatment experience in order to ensure sustainable, high quality recovery outcomes.
Some of the focus of the presentations will look at:
- Strategies for treatment providers to engage the family of a loved one while in treatment
- The importance of addressing family of origin issues and multi-generational themes that play a central role in the relapse process
- The difference between enabling and empowering
- Setting boundaries and the impact of boundary setting for families
- The benefits of engaging a family unit in the treatment process and the direct correlation it has on the success rate and recovery outcome of the identified patient
- Best practices of treating family systems
The Tuerk Conference will be held Wednesday, April 19th, 2017 from 8:00am to 5:00pm at the Baltimore Convention Center, 1 W Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD, 21201.
If you or someone you know is in need of help because of drug and/or alcohol abuse or addiction, please give us a call. Maryland Addiction Recovery Center offers the most comprehensive dual diagnosis addiction treatment in the Mid-Atlantic area. If we aren’t the best fit for you or your loved one, we will take the necessary time to work with you to find a treatment center or provider that better fits your needs. Please give us a call us at (888) 491-8447 or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on all of our drug addiction and alcohol addiction services and recovery resources, please visit our web site at www.marylandaddictionrecovery.com.