In an effort to both stem the tide of rising issues of teen drug abuse as well as meet a local need in Maryland for high quality, comprehensive addiction treatment for adolescents, Maryland Addiction Recovery Center offers our innovative “Recovery After 3” adolescent IOP addiction treatment program. This program, a mixture of individual, group and family therapy, is a dual diagnosis program that caters to the unique issues faced by teens and their families as they deal with issues of substance abuse and chemical dependency.
Drugs are becoming more dangerous and more readily available to kids at a younger and younger age. When people used to think of teen drug abuse, they often thought about marijuana and alcohol. While both are still used by adolescents, more and more it seems teens are battling drug abuse issues dealing with prescription narcotics or Crystal Meth or club drugs like Bath Salts. In 2008, nearly 2 million youth between the ages of 12 and 17 abused prescription drugs. In 2013, more high school seniors regularly used marijuana than cigarettes. Over 60% of teens report that drugs of some kind are kept, sold, and used at their school. Marijuana use among teens is at its highest in 30 years, In 2011, a national study showed that one in eight 8th graders, one in four 10th graders, and one in three 12th graders have used marijuana in the past year. Drug use is becoming more acceptable. Nationally projectable survey results released by The Partnership at Drugfree.org and MetLife Foundation confirmed that one in four teens has misused or abused a prescription (Rx) drug at least once in their lifetime – a 33 percent increase over the past five years. Additionally, Nearly half of young people who inject heroin surveyed in three recent studies reported abusing prescription opioids before starting to use heroin.
Therefore, in response to these alarming trends, Maryland Addiction Recovery Center’s “Recovery After 3” program offers a solution of comprehensive addiction treatment for those adolescents and their families already in need of help.
The “Recovery After 3” program is a beneficial program to both teens and their families. The program was created in order to offer high quality, comprehensive addiction treatment to teens in need on an outpatient basis. The benefits of this platform are:
- Education. “Recovery After 3” allows so the teens education doesn’t suffer. The adolescent is still able to attend school regularly and then come to MARC to receive their necessary help after school.
- Affordability. “Recovery After 3” is covered by insurance. Additionally, it is much more affordable than an expensive inpatient program or a long term wilderness program that often are extremely expensive and cost-prohibitive.
- Family Involvement- Because the program is local and the teen doesn’t need to be sent away, the family can be involved in every aspect of treatment, which is extremely important in both supporting the teen but also in creating healthy boundaries, consequences and family structure.
- Dual Diagnosis Capable- The program is dual diagnosis capable, meaning that the staff is trained in both addiction as well as mental health treatment. Many children deal with emotional issues or mental issues or learning issues, and those need to be incorporated and examined during treatment in order to set the teen up for the best recovery outcome.
- Comprehensive Care- Teens face specific issues that need to be addressed in treatment that are unique. The social pressures. Education. Family issues. Additionally, many teens deal with the pressures of growing up and finding themselves. These are issues faced by all teens and they need to be handled delicately in terms of a teen also dealing with a substance abuse issue. Our staff is licensed and trained to deal with the unique issues teens face on a daily basis.
If your child or a child you know is suffering from a drug and alcohol addiction and needs treatment please call us for help. Maryland Addiction Recovery Center offers the most comprehensive addiction treatment in the area. If we aren’t the best fit, we will work with you to find a treatment center that fits your needs. Please call us at (410) 773-0500 or email email@example.com. For more information on all of our alcohol and addiction treatment services and resources, please visit the web site at www.marylandaddictionrecovery.com.